What is InterpreMed?
InterpreMed is a learning community created for medical interpreting professionals and students interested in acquiring and honing their skills through hands-on activities, training materials and resources.
Read what our members are saying about us!
Near the end of my 40-hour interpreter training, I really wanted some live practice. That’s when I found Interpremed. The monthly study guides and frequent practice sessions have been so helpful for me to gain confidence and experience! I really appreciate the feedback from Nanyi and the other interpreters I practice with during the sessions. I had my first appointment as a Spanish medical interpreter today and it was in women’s health, which was last month’s study guide. The materials and the practice helped me do so well in this first session! I highly recommend Interpremed.Amanda Fischer
Benefits of being part of the InterpreMed community
As an InterpreMed member, you will have access to:
- Audio recordings to practice interpretation in almost all medical settings and departments. Audios are available in English and Spanish and Language Neutral (English only) for all other languages.
- Audio recordings with different levels of difficulty from total beginner to advanced/extremely difficult.
- New interpreting practice audios are uploaded every week.
- Translated scripts from English to Spanish and Spanish to English for each audio interpreting exercise.
- English and Spanish vocabulary of medical terms with flashcards and audio glossary exercises.
- Forum discussions with other InterpreMed members about interpreting issues and challenges found in each exercise like idioms, grammar, medical terminology, culture, etc.
- You get to vote for the interpreting audio exercises you want the author to write, record and publish next. For example: a specific disease, a specific medical department, or another interpreting setting you have difficulties with.
- Content is available 24/7. You practice as much or as little as you want.
- Join our biweekly classes to learn about advanced note-taking (using Nanyi’s system) and memory retention skills to become a more effective interpreter.
- Access the Memory Club course with all past meeting recordings and exercises on each memory retention technique: visualization, segmentation, echoing, active listening note-taking with symbols, and much more.
- Discuss with other members strategies for memory retention and develop a note-taking system together.
- Symbol glossary database with hundreds of symbols to practice and improve your note-taking skills.
- Symbol memorization exercises so you can create your own language of symbols.
- Develop your visual and acoustic memory.
- Multiple-choice questions
- Fill in the blanks
- Low register vs. high register grids
- True or false
- Idioms in context
- And much more!
Live interpreting practice through Zoom meetings with other interpreters all around the world
- Frequent Zoom meetings in which you can practice your interpretation live with other interpreters and students, get instant feedback, and share your thoughts.
- You can cancel the membership any time before the next month is due and you will not be charged any extra fees nor the next month.
- The payment method is PayPal.
- Payments are sent automatically through PayPal until cancellation.